May the Art Be With You
Open May 14th – June 6th
May the Art Be With You, coming this May to a gallery (not so) far away. Spectra Art Space is pleased to present an art show & a month of events sure to delight the sci-fi fantasies of all ages. Come to the Art side and enjoy our first-ever 100% Star Wars-themed showcase. The gallery will host out-of-this-world paintings, 3d printed sculptures, prints, jewelry, and so much more.
Opening Reception pARTy!
Join us for the Opening reception event on May 14th from 6 pm – 10 pm, and enjoy special live music from Furbie Cakes, giveaways, refreshments, and more. Come dressed as your favorite character and get ready to boogie!
- Costume Contest: The best costume of the night will receive a special Art Warz Gift basket.
- Limiting tickets for each timed entry slot, to maintain social distancing practices, and to keep our staff and guests safe.
- You must RSVP in advance to attend the opening reception.
- Please arrive within 10 minutes of your timed entry slot.
- All tickets include Entry into our immersive art experience Back to the Source, as well as a limited edition pin from the art show.
- Can’t Make it to the opening reception? Rsvp to view the show on another day here.
Regular Viewing May 15th – June 6th.
- Please arrive during the time slot you sign up for.
- Any donations of $5 or more will receive an exclusive pin from the show.
- All donations of $10 or more will receive an exclusive print & pin from the show.
- Masks Must be worn at all times
- The Spectra Staff will clean and sanitize between each timed entry slot.
- Handwashing and sanitizing stations will be set up throughout the gallery.
About The Artists:
Featuring the infamous parody artwork of one of Denver’s most recognized sci-fi painters and Spectra resident artist, Ashley Raine. Ashley grew up in an environment full of fantasy and science fiction and developed a deep love for everything from Star Wars to Harry Potter. Now working out of a studio in Westminster, Ashley brings this love into an ongoing collection of works started in 2015titled “Domestic Stormtroopers,” a parody series that brings in elements from many different fandoms. This series has since been featured in galleries and themed shows across the country, and has branched off into several other nerdy parody collections.
We will also be showcasing a special Star Wars 8 Bit collection by Chris “Furbiecakes” Reano, some real catty works by Jenny Parks, a special collection of 3D printed sculptures by Sean Dennehy, special jewelry from River and Sea Handmade as well as art from Mitch Farrer (of TH!S), Sprinkle Bat, Catherine “Leon the Artist” Leon, Sadie Young, and more.